Amazon

Monday, October 01, 2012

Perhaps it should be Dead and Alive

I recently commented on the impending release of the video game Dead or Alive 5. Well it came out on the 25th of September and, as I said I would, I picked it up. The reviewers would have you believe that it is the epitome of mediocrity. And it sort of is. The fighting mechanics aren't bad, but the character designs... well...
Jim Sterling said it best in this weeks Jimquisition (warning NSFW).

The best concept I can come up with is that they stuffed a bra with jello and had someone wear it while doing the motion capture.
I'll just let that sink in for a moment (remember once you see it, it can't be unseen).

The characters seem lifeless (except for their jello bewbs). And the story is beyond pointless. Two people meet, one of them is wearing shorts. This is enough justification for them fighting.
Overall I do enjoy the game. But it is enjoyable because of how absurd it is. If you like fighting games I recommend picking it up.

Bye,

No comments: