Amazon

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Christmas time... the sequel.

If you'll recall I recently commented that I had stuff to say about Christmas. Well now is the time that I share with you.

I am not a fan of Christmas. I used to love it when I was younger, but I've gotten somewhat cynical in my old age. When I think of Christmas these days all I can think of is greed and entitlement. Greedy people (and stores) thinking that they are entitled to something. Admittedly some of this comes from the fact that I work retail, but it seems that no matter where I go I find something that reminds me of the greed and entitlement.

On a completely unrelated note does anyone else think that Frosty the Snowman is based on a drug induced hallucination? Seriously I think that "Magic" is street slang for a new designer drug. The drug was hidden in the hat that the kids got their hands on. All it took was one of them "seeing" the snowman come to life and then the rest of them saw it. Truly the traffic cop was not telling the snowman to stop, but rather telling a bunch of drug addled kids to stop.

Just think about that, and remember you heard it here first.

No comments: